[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. June 10

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Jun 10 10:16:24 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

Everybody mark your calendars for Aug. 27 at 1:30 so you don't miss the
dedication ceremony for our new Student Life Building.  I know it's a
couple of months away, but it'll be here before you know it.

My daughter and I absolutely cracked up last night at Shadow, the little
dog we're fostering.  I had gone into Destiny's room and was sitting
there talking to her, and Shadow had to follow me in there.  She
wandered around sniffing everything until she came to the  full length
mirror leaned up against the wall.  She looked at it, with as puzzled a
look as a dog can have, seeing her reflection looking back at her.   Of
course she didn't realize that's what it was, and thought there was a
strange dog right there in her face all of a sudden.  She backed up a
little, and the movement of her reflection startled her so badly she
tucked her tail, started yipping like crazy and tried to run out of the
room, only to find she had run behind the door and into the corner
instead of through it, so she had to backtrack out of that corner and
slide around the door, (tile floor  - no traction), heading madly down
the hall for the living room.  My daughter and I were laughing so hard
that we probably only added insult to indignity as far as she was
concerned, but she forgave us.  I don't think she wants to go near that
mirror again though.

Our menu for today consists of:
             Chicken strips
             Vegetable blend
             Baked potato bar
             Sandwich bar

And for dessert have some all American Apple Cobbler.

Have a  great day,