[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. June 23

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Jun 23 09:47:29 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

Looks like another scorcher today.  I think I discovered a really good
cost savings yesterday in attempting to write something on a piece of
paper I had placed on the hot concrete outside.  My hand almost fried
where it came in contact with the sunny surface.  I believe we could
shut off the grill and fry all our eggs and burgers outside on the
sidewalk with no cost at all in gas or electricity!  And I know it's hot
enough to make Sun Tea!  (And if it's hot enough for all that, remember
to be very careful with anyone, especially small children or pets who
have to or want to be outside in it!  With the temperature this high and
the heat index even higher, it's way too easy to have a heat stroke in
no time at all.)

I really did come up with a handy idea at the house for saving water,
work and mess, though.  My husband just put an air conditioner in our
living room window this past weekend and it had started dripping onto
the ground underneath like crazy, so I stuck a big water tub under it to
catch all that water to be used for the outside critters and watering
plants.  (I know the duck will love it when he finds that tub full of
water.  So much for stopping the mess!)

Our menu for today includes:
            Smoked sausage with BBQ sauce
            Shrimp poppers
            Crispy cube potatoes
            Baked beans
            Macaroni and cheese

And for dessert have a helping of delicious Strawberry Shortcake!

Keep cool,

Rhoda    8-)