[Eoscstudents] Menu for Magnificent Monday March 9

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Mar 9 10:03:10 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

What a nice day it's shaping up to be outside!  Even if it rains, we
need the moisture to keep wildfires down and away from our homes and our
wonderful woods.   And wasn't this weekend wonderful?  I've noticed a
lot of trees and shrubs are blooming already.  I don't know if that's a
good thing or not, considering they're saying Wednesday we'll be back to
more winterlike temperatures.  So many times when our fruit trees, etc.
bloom out this early, that's when we get another freeze or frost and
lose all the fruit we were hoping to get.   Just be sure and check out
the wonderful white blossoms on the trees out front close to the highway
before they get frost bit or windblown.   They're gorgeous this time of
year!

We had a PAWS adoption day Saturday and did really well, finding homes
for almost all of the dogs we offered, and names and numbers of the
people interested in the ones that couldn't go right away.  That's a
really good feeling knowing we gave those dogs another chance at a
better life.

Very happy birthday wishes go out today to Noreen Dollins of the
Bookstore, so if you're in there be sure to wish her a great birthday!

Our menu for today includes:
             Spaghetti with meatballs
             Pizza
             Baked potato bar
             Au gratin potatoes
             Steamed broccoli
             California blend vegetables
             Orzo toscano rice
             Corn
             Cream of broccoli soup

And for dessert, satisfy your sweet tooth with some Soft Serve Ice Cream
and a variety of Toppings.

Have a great Monday,