[Eoscstudents] Menu for Windy Wed. May 13

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed May 13 09:54:01 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

As if we don't have enough weird weather to worry about, apparently this
morning we're under a wind advisory.   Hang onto your hats and skirts if
you go outside as it could get pretty wild!  Good kite flying weather I
suppose, if you don't care where it flies to!

Quite a few of the students and employees, too, have been enjoying our
open grill trial this week.  You can come in and order a fresh grilled
hamburger, cheeseburger, grilled chicken sandwich, fried ham and cheese
sandwich or chicken strips, and get a drink and dessert with it.  This
is something we're trying out just this week in preparation for going to
the new building, and it seems to be a big hit with some of our crowd.
Those of you who miss the old Coffee Shop may want to come in and order
something like you used to be able to up there.  Sadly, we don't have
the great view down here that Susie did upstairs, but that's the breaks.

There were lots of people in attendance at Leah (Miller) McLaughlin's
going away reception yesterday.  It's hard to believe she's leaving
Eastern after all these years, but at least we'll know we've got one
friend at Carl Albert.   (And I am talking about the college and not the
mental health facility, although she might want to get her head examined
for wanting to leave...)

Our menu for today includes:
             Pork chops
             Corn bread
             Crispy cube potatoes
             Pinto beans
             Cabbage
             Fried okra
             Turnip greens
             Frito chili pie

And for dessert have some luscious Ice Cream and Toppings.

Have a great day and good luck with finals,