[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. Nov. 4 No Grill This Week

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Nov 4 10:01:50 CST 2009

Hi folks,

We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful week for Homecoming.  I'm
glad we got all that rain out of the way ahead of time, to give us this
absolutely gorgeous week for all our Homecoming activities!  Today's
4:00 activity will be a frozen T-shirt contest at the Clock Tower.  I've
seen this done at the Relay for Life, and it is hysterical, with each
team trying to thaw out a frozen wet T-shirt and get it on before the
other teams.  The participants in this will be really glad for the
warmer weather!  And the 7:00 event, which will be held in the Ballroom,
is called the Think Fast Game Show.  Sounds like there could be some
brain work involved in this portion of the Homecoming activities!

I thought I was going to wind up participating in yesterday's Bubble
Trouble event, when I was coming from the Library building back to the
Student Center.  I made sure to watch where the contestants were rolling
those giant inflatable "hamster balls" to, so that I wouldn't wind up
becoming a speed bump on their way to victory.  It was kinda like with
new drivers:  just stay off the sidewalk and you'll be fine.   And the
Mr. Eastern contest was full of surprises last night with more drama and
plot twists than the soap opera network!  I believe it was the Aggie
club entry who claimed the title of Mr. Eastern after a very interesting
competition.

Today is another Biggest Loser weigh in day.  Go check your progress and
make corrections if your numbers are not heading in the right
direction.  Remember there's a first and a second place prize this time,
so even if you're not in first place, you could still come up winning
some bucks.  Not to mention the fact that it feels so good to know
you've lost some weight, and done something positive for your health.

Happy Birthday wishes go out to Nursing instructor, Viki Vogt, and
Cafeteria employee Mary Burt.  I hope they both have a wonderful day.

Due to illness, we are short-handed this week and will not be opening
the Grill.  Please be patient, we will reopen it as soon as we can.

Our menu for today includes:
            Brisket
            Vegetable soup
            Pizza
            Scalloped potatoes
            Carrots
            Mixed vegetables
            Hot rolls

And for dessert, have a piece of awesome Oreo Cheesecake!