[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Friday Nov. 13

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Nov 13 10:18:59 CST 2009

Hi folks,

I don't care if it is Friday the 13th, any Friday is still great in my
book!  And Doug Sims in our Post Office ought to really think it's great
since it's his birthday!  And I saw him hard at work earlier, so I know
he didn't let that old superstition keep him from getting out of bed and
coming in to do his duty.  You know the old saying, neither rain, nor
snow, nor gloom of night, nor Friday the 13th falling on your birthday
will stop the postman from making his appointed rounds.  Hope you have a
great one, Dougo!

And following hot on the heels of Doug's birthday,  Mimi Kelley,
Financial Aid Director of our McAlester campus will be celebrating her
big day tomorrow.  Hope she has a great one too!

Saturday evening, if you want to get out of your rut, and support a good
cause or two, there will be a Contemporary Christian Concert at the
Presbyterian Church  here in Wilburton at 7:00.  This is a fundraiser
for the Latimer County Arts Council to support our efforts to bring a
variety of educational and entertaining programs to our area schools.
So if you're a fan of contemporary Christian music, bring your family
and friends, and your church family and enjoy the wonderful music and
refreshments.  Admission is $10.

Or if you're a Hank Sr. fan, there will be a tribute performance of his
music by City Moon with special guest star Ramona Reed at the WHS
Auditorium at 7:30, to raise money for the Pick a Star program.  Tickets
for this performance are $15.

And Sunday there will be a benefit Thanksgiving dinner for Debbie Taylor
at the Masonic Lodge next to the Wilburton Elementary School starting at
11:30 and serving up turkey and dressing for whatever donation you can
give to help with her medical expenses.

Our menu for today includes:
             Hot wings
             BBQ on a bun
             Loaded baked potato
             Corn on the cob
             Baked beans
             French fries
             Chicken and sausage gumbo soup

And for dessert, have some Banana Pudding or a Rice Krispie Treat.

Have a great weekend,