[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. Sept. 21

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Sep 21 09:36:49 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

Wasn't it a great weekend?  No rain at all that I know of!  Kind of gave
us all a chance to dry out, but they're saying there's a pretty good
chance of it returning in the next 2 or 3 days to bless us again.  I was
really glad it didn't rain Saturday as we were having a PAWS adoption
day and if it starts raining, we run for it.  (Dogs are wonderful, but
the smell of wet dog usually isn't conducive to getting them new
homes.)  We did pretty well with several smaller dogs we had up for
adoption, but I've learned now that there are a couple of blue tick
hounds and a couple of Great Pyrenees in the pound whose time is almost
up, so if anyone is looking for a great big new companion, there's your
opportunity.

Happy Birthday wishes go out to Jane Harding of our Idabel campus on
this last day of summer.   Maybe it won't rain on her big day.

We had a large turnout for the Choctaw Nation GED Graduation dinner
Friday evening, and they all seemed very impressed with our new building
and the wonderful food.  A big thank you goes out to Tim Talley, our
campus policeman on duty that evening, for his assistance to one of our
guests who got herself locked out of her car, along with her husband and
several children.  I'm sure they were very relieved and grateful for his
help.

Our menu for today includes:
             Chicken and noodles
             Tacos
             Loaded baked potatoes
             Mixed vegetables
             Tuna salad
             Potato chips
             Hot rolls

And delicious Strawberry Cake for dessert.