[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. Sept. 22

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Sep 22 10:09:51 CDT 2009

Happy Fall,

Summer's last hoorah got kind of wild and woolly yesterday evening.  The
rain wasn't so bad, but then the lightning, thunder and hail started and
our little scared Schnauzer, Lady, was plastered to my side, shivering.
I wasn't feeling too good about the weather myself.  My husband and I
had been working outside before it got dark, trying to get the roof on a
shed, and we only got part of the job done, so I'm guessing the shed
only partly leaked.  We were just worried it would blow off completely
if the wind picked up very much.  That sort of thing, and worse, has
been known to happen here in beautiful, downtown "Tornado Alley".

For all you folks who are light on your feet, or would like to learn to
be, Ballroom Dance classes start this evening here on campus in the
North Ballroom, (how appropriate).  If you haven't pre-registered, grab
your partner and come on down to sign up at 5:30 today.  Class will run
from 6:00 to 8:00.  Call Barbara Gilbertson at 918-302-3642, or email
her at bgilbertson at eosc.edu  for more information on this 8 week long
course.

Happy Birthday wishes go out to Rudy O'Donley, head of our Maintenance
Department here on campus.  Here's hoping nothing breaks down for him
today, (but we're not making any promises, of course.)

Our menu for today includes:
            Meatloaf
            Scalloped potatoes
            Chicken strips
            French fries
            Black eyed peas
            Greens
            Cornbread

And for dessert, have some tasty Peach Cobbler.