[Eoscstudents] Student Support Services

Sue Lovett slovett at eosc.edu
Tue Apr 20 14:00:05 CDT 2010

Student Support Services still has openings right now for 10
participants.  It's not too late to put in your application and join the
best!  If you join this semester, you will be offered the opportunity to
sign up for Grant Aid next semester.  So you could get the grant in the
Fall.  But even if you don't qualify for the grant aid, you still will
have access to FREE tutoring, trips off campus which include meals,
career counseling, financial aid counseling, personal counseling,
transfer counseling, academic advising, and personal growth workshops on
such things as test taking, test anxiety, stress management, goal
setting, financial literacy, etc.

We would love to take your application, and remember all services are
FREE.  Six of the 22 students on the top 10 % of the graduating class
are members in Student Support Services!  Also, over 80% of the students
we reported on last year to the Dept. of Education had GPAs over 2.0,
and most of those 80% had GPAs of 2.50 or better.  Some of the students
using the facilities now on a continual basis are maintaining 3.0, 3.50,
and 4.0.  We have past participants who started out in developmental
classes and then went on to be named the outstanding student at their
graduation ceremonies. The mayor of Wilburton is a past participant!

I guess what I am trying to say is:  "We Can Help"!

Come see any of the staff of SSS in Johnston Hall, on the west end, or
call Sue Lovett, 465-1823; June Haynes, 465-1822; Kathy Howe, 465-1860,
or Cindy Waldrop at 465-1825.