[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. Aug. 9

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Aug 9 10:13:14 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

Orientation seems to be going well, fast and furious as usual, with
regular classes scheduled to start tomorrow.   I am the Breakfast
Cashier now, so I've gotten to see and talk to a few of the new
students, and am looking forward to meeting more and seeing our old
Freshmen returning as new Sophomores.

 I'm sure you'll notice when you come over, if you haven't yet, that
we've revamped our system here in the Cafeteria.  We've closed off the
door that used to be the entry, and are now using the former exit door
to enter through, and the little door on the other side of the Cashier's
corner to exit. This is working well so far for the new students, but
it'll probably confuse the heck out of our returning Sophomores, (and
everyone else),  for a while, who know it used to be done differently.

We've changed more than our traffic flow, too.  We are now serving our
meat offerings at the west end of the line, and offering more variety in
our vegetables, which you will serve yourself.  This leaves the east end
of the line available for Susie to use for Cyber Cafe purposes.  As with
any system, we keep trying new changes until we find what works best, so
we'll see how well this suits us.

I love the new, bright blue banners depicting the clock tower or our
mascot, Buckskin Bob, that are on several of the light poles around
campus.  They add a nice splash of Eastern Blue to the scenery.

Our menu for today includes:
            Salisbury steak
            Mashed potatoes and gravy
            Hominy
            Peas and carrots
            Carrots
            Long grain and wild rice

And for dessert, choose from a variety of options:  Cheesecake,
Chocolate Cake, or Rice Krispie Treats.

Have a great day,

Rhoda    8-)