[Eoscstudents] Eastern's Toys for Tots - update

Brenda Kennedy bkennedy at eosc.edu
Fri Dec 3 14:55:13 CST 2010

An update on our Toys for Tots project

PTK's project has always been from the beginning a way to gather toys and
share with children in less fortunate situations. This project was founded
to help provide a few presents for opening on Christmas morning for children
who have been submitted to us.

I have been given ages and gender of children for most families and some
have given sizes of clothing/shoes as well. We normally do not have clothing
donated from the students and therefore it is a stretch to say that any will
be provided.

There are several charity's that provide needed clothing items in McAlester
and also in Wilburton.   First Baptist Church in McAlester has clothes
closet distributions once a month, also Shared Blessings is available for
clothing needs in McAlester.  There are churches in the Wilburton area that
also provide clothing needs.

We will be collecting Toys until Tuesday morning. Our annual Christmas
wrapping party will begin at noon on Tuesday, Dec 7th. If you have some time
on Tuesday and would like to help us out, please come over to Mitchell 120 &
119. We will provide  food for your lunch if you will provide some muscle
and time to wrap!!!

Thank you to all the students who have participated so far.

I look forward to seeing anyone who would like to help us on Tuesday.

Mrs. Kennedy

PTK Advisor

CIS Department Chair

Eastern Oklahoma State College