[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Friday Feb. 12

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Feb 12 10:22:29 CST 2010

Hi folks,

Wow, with yesterday's snowfall, we got the beauty of  snow without the
nasty of the icy roads!  That's really rare and worth appreciating.  I
saw Hank Mooney out taking pictures of the snowcovered trees, etc. on
campus this morning before the melting started.
Happy Birthday wishes go out today to Leona Johnson of the Human
Resources Office and political science instructor Carter Mattson.  I
hope they both have a great day.  And on Valentine's Day, Chris Ames
will be having a double celebration as he celebrates his birthday,
too.   Enjoy!!!

Don't forget about the Sweetheart Soiree in the White House tomorrow
evening at 7:00.  Come prepared to enjoy delicious refreshments and
delightful entertainment.

I had to go by my mom's house yesterday to check on a problem with her
microwave.  She said it was shooting fire out.  That sounded scary.  I
asked her what she had in it when it did this, and she replied, "Not a
dang thing."  I explained to her that that was probably the problem, you
don't have to preheat a microwave, just put something non-metal in there
and start cooking.  You have to realize though, she's 92 and microwaves,
computers, and color TVs, (not to mention ones with remote controls),
hadn't even been invented when she was growing up.  I have to help her
understand some technological gadgets she is forced to deal with, and
when I can't do it, we have to call in an expert, like my daughter or my
husband.  They can usually handle all the problems with the TV.  I know
how she feels though.  I swear some things nowadays come without
instructions.  They just think you're supposed to know which buttons to
push and in what order, and what to plug in where instinctively.  Truth
is, I usually have to call my daughter or someone to do these kinds of
things for me, (someone who's not afraid to push buttons for fear she'll
blow something up, since she knows she won't be the one paying for a new
one if she blows the old one up.)

Our menu for today includes:
            Pepper steak
            Rice
            Green beans
            Corn on the cob
            Angel hair pasta with alfredo sauce and grilled chicken

And for dessert, have a hunk of yummy Chocolate Cake.

Have a great Valentine's weekend,