[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. June 22

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Jun 22 09:36:10 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

According to Rudy's email yesterday, there will be workers with some
possibly large equipment behind and to the west of the Library building
hunting for a water leak that is affecting our air conditioning, so be
safe and stay clear and give them plenty of room to work.  We need to
get our temperatures regulated.  (I know I could do with less AC, and
the people upstairs are crying for more.)   That's one thing our cooks
have really enjoyed about this new building...they have good air
conditioning in the kitchen area now.  You know they say if you can't
take the heat, stay out of the kitchen, but it's so much better if you
don't have to take so much heat in the kitchen.

I'm getting a little aggravated about my "garden".  I had several blooms
on my tomato plants and it seems like something is nipping them off
before they can turn into tasty tomatoes.  I'll go out to look and check
their progress and they are just gone, leaving just a little stem there
where the bloom used to be.  I would blame the goose, but he can't reach
them so he's off the hook on this little caper.  I don't know if it's
birds or bugs doing it, but my future tomato harvest is not looking too
good at this point.  At least my cucumber plants are growing and my
rosemary plant always smells so good it makes me feel better just to go
take a whiff of it.  My lavender plant is even blooming.  Surprisingly,
it is not blooming lavender, but rather has white blooms.  I wasn't
expecting that.  Maybe it's the variety.

Our menu for today includes:
          Pork chops
          Mashed potatoes and gravy
          Pinto beans