[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Thurs. June 24

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Jun 24 09:34:54 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

I believe we have a mild cool front coming in today, with temperatures
only supposed to be in the mid to lower 90s, instead of up around the 3
digit range.  (You know you live in the South when you can say something
like that in all seriousness.)  The days may be miserable, but with a
little mosquito spray, the nights are not bad at all.  Great for sitting
outside listening to the whippoorwills and crickets, watching the light
show the fireflies put on, counting the stars, and smelling the mimosa
and honeysuckle.  Now that's living!

Our Eastern family is celebrating several birthdays today and over the
next couple of days.  Mr. Leland Walker, of our Agriculture Department,
should be celebrating his big day today, while Joyce Bills, of Human
Resources, waits her turn to celebrate tomorrow, and her sister, Karen
Clark, in the Registrar's office, has to wait til Saturday.   I hope
they all have a great time!

We have a great menu for you today, featuring:
          Roast beef
          Mashed potatoes and gravy
          California blend vegetables

And for dessert, try some Pineapple-Zucchini Cake or some Hawaiian Dessert.

Keep cool,