[Eoscstudents] SOFTBALL GAME RESULTS FROM SATURDAY AND SUNDAY, Feb. 27th./Feb. 28th:

Andy Mace amace at eosc.edu
Mon Mar 1 15:31:40 CST 2010

Hello:
After having two tournaments cancelled and having 17 total games
cancelled or postponed, due to bad weather,  the Lady Mountaineer
Softball finally got to play some spring games:
It was not ideal situations as we squeezed our way into existing
festivals in EARLY morning hours:
Leaving campus at 4:30 am on Saturday we played two games in the Murray
Festival:

FIRST GAME: Eastern 4   Murray 0   9am game time
.
Kelsey Reding, sophomore pitcher  from Aubrey, Texas,  pitched a 2
hitter and struck out 12 to get her first win on the new season.
Offensive leaders include: Megan Cody, freshman second baseman from
Tulsa Memorial, with two hits, two stolen bases, and scoring two runs.
Liz Cecil, freshman catcher from Wilburton, with two hits including a
double off the fence, and two rbi's.
Erica Love, freshman from Preston, with three stolen bases as she stole
second, third, and home, running for Cecil after her second hit in the
third inning.

SECOND GAME:  Eastern 3  North Central Texas 2(North Central represented
one of the Texas Regions in the NJCAA World Series last year)  11 am
game time.
.
Kelsey Reding wins her second game giving up only 3  hits, walks her
only hitter in two games, and strikes out  seven against a STRONG North
Central team.
Offensive leaders include: Ashlee Faries, freshman from Mesquite, Texas,
with two hits including a run scoring double off the fence in left.
Taylor Royall of Mesquite, Texas, had two hits, one a double. Rachel
Powers, sophomore from Caddo Mills, Texas, had one hit and made several
good catchers in centerfield to help Reding. Cody had one hit and made
two great plays on hard hit ground balls at second.

Leaving campus at 5:30am on Sunday we played in the  Northeast Texas
Festival  at Mt. Pleasant, Texas.

FIRST GAME:  Northeast Texas 1   Eastern 0   11am game time.

Kelsey Reding throws great game but loses in  bottom of seventh with two
outs  on a bloop hit to left field on a check swing,  only the fifth hit
in the game for Northeast.   Eastern could only manage two hits off the
left-handed ace from Northeast, Texas.
Kaylee Bowman, freshman outfielder  from Lone Oak, Texas, and Cecil
provided the only Eastern hits. Eastern had runners on first and second
in the top of the seventh with nobody out; but,  a couple of
questionable umpire calls took Eastern out of the inning. Northeast was
playing their 15th. game of the new season.

SECOND GAME:  Crowder, Missouri 6   Eastern 2   1pm game time.

Emily Gaulden, sophomore from Ethel, Louisiana, starts this game and
pitches three good innings, and was relieved in the fourth by Emily
Giles, sophomore from Celeste,Texas. Eastern had two run lead thru 3 and
1/3 innings off the Missouri Region representative in the NJCAA World
Series last year and Crowder is nationally ranked 10th. in the NJCAA
pre-season poll this season. The early lead was due largely to the LONG
home run Ashlee Faries hit 25 feet over the foul pole to left field, her
first round-tripper of the year. Eastern was held to 3 hits off two
outstanding Crowder pitchers. Crowder has outstanding pitching for a
junior college and has great overall team speed. Crowder had played
several games in the Houston and El Paso areas previous to the Northeast
Festival.

The Lady Mountaineers run their early season record to 2-2.  Next games
for the softball ladies would be Western HERE in OCAC conference games
this coming Friday and Saturday. Two games each day, starting at 1pm on
Friday and noon on Saturday. If our field is not playable by those dates
we intend to play at Red Oak High School.

Thank you, Andy Mace, Lady Mountaineer Softball