[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. March 23

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Mar 23 09:35:26 CDT 2010

Welcome back everyone!

Wow!  Who'd've thought when we went off to Spring Break that we'd have
almost a foot of snow to contend with before we got back!  Not me,
that's for sure!  So my de-icer and windshield scraper are in my wagon
which is in the shop, awaiting a transmission transplant, (I may have to
take up a collection for this so be sure and donate generously LOL), and
I was out there yesterday morning scraping the windshield of my borrowed
ride with a spatula and a butter knife.  I may not be much of a cook,
but I found out that I can spatula a windshield pretty good!  I also
found out that even though the snow looks pretty even, what is under it
may not be, and if you're not careful you'll wind up making half a snow
angel in it!

Now that the snow is pretty much melted, I can begin to see all the
spring blossoms coming out on the Bradford pears, forsythias, and those
beautiful red flowering quinces, along with daffodils and hyacinths.  I
made sure to bring in a small bouquet of my daffodils before the snow
hit, and it's a good thing because now the ones that I didn't pick are
on the ground from the weight of the snow.  (I'm just SO glad it wasn't
ice, like we've had a couple of times before in the past few years!)

Don't forget about the Biggest Loser Weigh-in today!  Time to go see if
you were good over Spring Break!

And be watching for the email I'll be sending out soon about new
breakfast options in the Cafeteria!

Our menu for today includes:
          Pork chops
          Buttered potatoes
          Peas and carrots
          Broccoli cuts
          Tacos
          Refried beans
          Spanish rice
          Hot rolls

And for dessert, dive into a yummy piece of Chocolate Cake!

And don't forget the Grill is open today.

Have a great Tuesday,