[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. March 30

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Mar 30 09:40:23 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

Wow, it looks like it's going to be a gorgeous day outside!  We're
supposed to have the warmest temperatures we've had in months.  People
can finally put their shorts on without getting goosebumps to go along
with them!

This kind of weather really gets you in the right mood for the
Horticulture Dept. plant sale open to Eastern Staff, Faculty and
Students tomorrow at the Greenhouse from  12:00 to 4:00.  They will have
several varieties of flowering plants available, along with tomato and
pepper plants.  Be sure and get yours while the supply lasts!  Thursday,
the sale will be held in the Chamber of Commerce parking lot on Main
Street from 10:00 til close, and will be open to the public.

Happy Birthday wishes go out today to Business Office Manager, Linda
Enis.  I hope she gets to take some time to enjoy this beautiful day.

Don't forget today is Biggest Loser weigh-in day!  Go see Loma and check
your progress, and if you're not making any, it would be a mighty fine
day to get out and enjoy a walk in the beautiful outdoors.   (See I
didn't even call it exercise.)   Like Leland Walker said in his email
yesterday, reminding us that we owe much of the natural beauty on campus
to the efforts of instructor Eddie Woods and former instructor Dan
Stone, get out and enjoy the beautiful blooms on campus or in the area.
If you want to see more of the area,  Robber's Cave State Park is only 5
miles north and has wonderful scenic trails to explore.

Our sympathy goes out to the family of our friend Marolyn Fazekas.  She
will be sorely missed by those who knew and loved her.  Several of the
Eastern family will be attending her services this afternoon, so please
be patient if the person you need to see isn't in their office right
then.  We need a few hours to grieve for our friend.

Don't forget, it's a short week this week, with no classes and offices
closed on Good Friday.  The Cafeteria will serve Brunch and Dinner only
that day, so sleep in if you're still on campus.  We won't start serving
till 11:00.  (I always figure every Friday is a good Friday, this one is
just better!)

Our menu for today includes:
        Pork loin
       Mashed potatoes and gravy
       Broccoli and cheese
       Okra

And for dessert, have a piece of one of our Assorted Pies.

Don't forget, the Grill is open.

Have a beautiful day,