[Eoscstudents] Thank you!

Sue Lovett slovett at eosc.edu
Wed May 5 14:40:03 CDT 2010

I want to thank everyone who helped to make our luncheon to honor our
SSS graduates a success.  Everything was so nice!  Special thanks to
Mildred and her crew.  The food was awesome! (Especially the rolls --you
guys make the best rolls!)  Everything was so good.

Also, my sincere thanks to Dr. Harrison who is always there for us
whenever we need her.  Every single time she comes through, and that is
important!  Thanks to Nikki and the McAlester folks, Steve Banker and
Lisa Gray,  for making a special effort to join us.  I was happy to see
Terry Haynes and Cheryl Wood-Myer there as well.  They, and all the
faculty, really support us in a most fundamental way.  We couldn't
function without the faculty, and the administration backing us.  Donna
Rice and Karen Clark often help us out with the information we need to
keep our records on the students and the reporting we have to do.  Mimi
Kelly and the financial aid folks help us and our students so much!
Mimi always helps me with determining who is eligible for Grant Aid from
us, and Patricia and the other ladies in Financial Aid help us to keep
records of  students who are considered low income.  That is a very
important task since it is what helps us keep our objectives met.
Actually, we have been very fortunate that several people, in most of
the offices on campus, help us to reach objectives and maintain our
funding.  I don't want to forget Marci (who stepped in for Dr. Smith)
and Rudy.  Rudy definitely hears from us a lot, and he and his people
always steps up to the plate for us, as they do for everyone on campus.

I especially want to thank Dennis Meadows, our Teacher of the Year,
Jason Willoughby, our Tutor of the Year, Mary Hope, our Professional
Tutor on this campus, and Dr. Blanchard a wonderful volunteer who tutors
our students at the McAlester Campus.  He was a great surgeon, (I know
this from first-hand experience) and he is an awesome tutor!

I sure don't want to forget about Steve Akins and Kristen Turner.  They
took pictures for us. Another part of what we are supposed to do for our
grant is to advertise and report when we have any activities involving
SSS participants, and these two are invaluable to us.

If you have supported our program--in any way--I want to thank you, and
if I forgot to mention someone who was at our luncheon today, just know,
that it is because I was so NERVOUS! Please forgive me, I'll probably
remember after I hit send on this message.

Congratulations Graduates!  You've done good!

Sue Lovett,  Director
Student Support Services