[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. May 6

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu May 6 10:02:40 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

I had an enjoyable day off yesterday, but am glad to be back.  I hope
things didn't get too wild with Anne Hester Brooks celebrating her
birthday and Cinco de Mayo yesterday!  At any rate, I hope she's
finished whooping it up, as the Nursing Department will be keeping her
very busy with their Pinning Ceremony and Reception today.  Our Nursing
Department is a wonderful asset to Eastern, and attracts many students
to our campus.

I was surprised to get my 5 year pin at the Employee Recognition
ReceptionTuesday.  Today is my actual 5 year hire date anniversary, and
I'm still enjoying being here.  I know that's just a drop in the bucket
compared to Mrs. Duncan, Mr. Hawthorne, Joyce Bills and others' records,
but I'm still proud of it anyway.  You gotta start somewhere.

Tomorrow in the Administration/Library Building, there will be a Silent
Auction Bake Sale to benefit the upcoming Relay for Life.  There will be
a variety of tasty desserts available for you to bid on, so bring your
mad money (and your sweet tooth) and come bid on your favorite
temptation.  (You don't have to eat the whole thing yourself.  I'm sure
co-workers or family members will be glad to help you if you're feeling
guilty about having bought a whole cake or something.)

And if you're thinking of getting into a healthier lifestyle, get on up
to the Horticulture Department's Mother's Day/End of Season clearance
sale tomorrow between 10:00 and 2:00, and get some tomato plants, or
maybe some flowers for your yard.  Then get out in the fresh air and
sunshine and plant them.  If you do it right, you could get some
delicious tomatoes or beautiful blossoms to enjoy, and you'll get the
satisfaction of knowing you grew them yourself.  I've got to get up
there and see if they have any tasty little cherry type tomatoes.  Yummy!

Due to tomorrow's graduation cookout and ceremony, the Cafeteria will
close tomorrow after lunch so everyone can attend the cookout and get
ready for graduation.  Congratulations Graduates!

Our menu for today includes:
        Spaghetti with meat sauce
        Green beans
        Broccoli cuts
        Bread sticks

Or visit our Grill for a great sandwich.

And for dessert, have a Brownie.