[Eoscstudents] Mountaineer Monday

Sally Davis sdavis at eosc.edu
Mon Nov 1 17:44:59 CDT 2010

Today was a rousing success!  We had record numbers with 425 Seniors and
over 37 schools in attendance.  That is a first for us in this event.
The amphitheater was a sea of gold and blue bags with students taking
full advantage of the browse session.  The Ag Ambassadors did a great
job with the swine, the Criminal Joes were teaching students about safe
tactics, information was being shared about every department on campus
with this group of students.  Thank you Mildred and the entire cafeteria
staff for making our box lunches and helping to move our lunch crowd
through at a record pace with no complaints of long lines or food
running out.  I think the box lunches were a hit.  Thank you to
Basketball Coach Scott Edgar and the gentlemen from the Men's basketball
team for showing up and introducing themselves and the Ladies as well.
We are excited about this week and seeing our team play.  We added
another first and were able to experience Sound Sensations perform for
the first time during this event.  It was terrific to watch them perform
their selection from "Glee" and be part of our Mountaineer Monday
crowd.  As always this day would not have gone so well had it not been
for our student volunteers who were here bright and early to make
certain tables were in place and covered, balloons were inflated and
delivered and students were organized and helpful to their younger
counterparts.  Thanks you also to the Student Affairs staff and
recruiters who were in this up to their necks from the very beginning
and to my staff for working diligently to make this day a success.  To
everyone who manned a table or organized a class or activity so our
visiting students could see Eastern as its finest, you succeeded
mightily.  I believe as we have seen with our increased enrollment that
activities such as this, placed at the correct time of year, organized
to our best advantage and undertaken and executed with positive
attitudes and can-do philosophies do reap the benefit of students
choosing this college over others.  Thank you everyone.  On to
Homecoming 2010!   HERO UP!