[Eoscstudents] PTK New Member Induction held yesterday... special thanks

Brenda Kennedy bkennedy at eosc.edu
Mon Nov 15 09:42:10 CST 2010

The Theta Pi Chapter of PTK would like to extend a special thank you to all
the new members and their families/friends who attended yesterday's
ceremony. We are proud of your accomplishment and look forward to great
things from you at Eastern.

I would also like to say thank you to Coach Aric Thomas who was our guest
speaker and did an excellent job. Coach Thomas, Thanks for your willingness
to address these fantastic young people.

The Chapter Officers conducted their first new member induction ceremony and
did an excellent job.

The officer team for 2010-2011 include:

President: Kayla Meeks

VP of Leadership: Pamela Brittain

VP of Scholarship: Richard Rank

VP of Service: Kaylee Bowman

VP of Fellowship: Candace Ray

Secretary Felisha Tillery

Public Relations: Kelsey Dalmont

Student Senate Representative: Leslie Sandefur

I would like to extend a sincere thanks to Dr. Steve Smith and Leland Walker
for attending and congratulating our students on their accomplishment. Steve
Akins, thanks for coming and supporting the students in your area as well as
shooting our pictures of the event.

A very special thanks to Dr. Sally Davis for attending and also for all her
help in last minute details. I don't know what I would have done without
your help yesterday Sally, you were a lifesaver!!

There were 32 students who joined this semester which is one of the largest
Fall semester memberships that we have had since I have been the PTK
Advisor.

The following are the students who were recognized if faculty would like to
recognize and send a congratulations to them in class this week:

.        Keith Barton

.        Jared Bills

.        Russell Bird

.        Pamela Brittain