[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Friday Oct. 8

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Oct 8 09:47:30 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

It's finally Friday!  And Maye Durant of our McAlester campus, and
Rhonda Quinn of our Ag Department should be really happy about that,
since they are both celebrating birthdays today!

Today is also the day the EOSC Horticulture Department will be having
their plant sale downtown in the Chamber of Commerce parking lot.  They
should have a good crowd this afternoon, with Wilburton having their
Homecoming parade at 2:00 today.   The Diggers' game against Heavener
will be this evening at 7:30 at the Wilburton High School Football
Field.  Wear your purple and come cheer on the Diggers!

I realized something the other day that I bet other ladies, (and
possibly a few handy men), have noticed.  You know we split the year up
into different seasons.  Of course, there are the regular ones, Spring,
Summer, Fall and Winter.  Also, football season, basketball season,
baseball season, deer season (which the deer would much rather do
without), swimsuit season, (which I could do without), etc.  But I
declare the start of "Static Cling Season".  I noticed the other day as
I was removing laundry from the dryer, that there were socks stuck to
everything!  We always wonder where the missing sock goes, (because
there's always a missing sock).  I think they just get stuck to things
you fold up and put in drawers.  You just can't find them because
they're so tightly bonded to the other item, towels, sheets or
whatever.  There is probably enough static electricity generated during
this season to power a city, if we could just find a way to harness it.
We need to find a way to use it for good, (powering some of our
electrical equipment), and not evil, (scooting your feet on the carpet
and zapping some unsuspecting victim, even though it's fun).  Some of
the bright scientific minds on campus need to be working on this
challenge.   I'm sick of getting zapped every time I touch something
metal, and the season is just getting started!

Our menu for today includes:
          Penne pasta bake with meatballs
          Corn
          Green peas
          Carrots
          Vegetable beef soup
          Bread sticks

And for dessert, have a couple of Cookies.

Have a great weekend,