[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. Oct. 18

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Oct 18 10:04:44 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

I hope everyone had a wonderful Fall Break.  The weather was fantastic
for it.  Not too hot, not too cold, and no rain!  Perfect!  We went out
to the Fall Festival at Robber's Cave State Park some on Saturday,
taking the shuttle from town, and got to walk around and take in all the
sights, sounds and smells of the annual event.  Even looked at a few of
the beautiful cars on display, (although I prefer to look at things I
might be able to afford!)  Seeing the General Lee from the '70's Dukes
of Hazzard TV show made me want to jump through the window and take off,
but I restrained myself.  I didn't see John Schneider around anywhere
anyway, darn it.  It was pretty neat to see that Eastern had a
recruiting booth right up front at the festival, too.  While I was there
talking with London White, a future Mountaineer father came by and said
he would take some information since he had a son who would be coming
here in a couple of years.  Our presence at an event like this
definitely gives Eastern exposure to people from ALL over the place.
Good job, gals!

Our menu for today includes:
          Salisbury steak
          Mashed potatoes and brown gravy
          Potato soup
          Corn
          Carrots and peas
          Biscuits

And for dessert, have a hunk of Chocolate Cake!  Yum!