[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. Sept. 1

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Sep 1 10:13:10 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

Well, we've survived August and all the extreme heat and drought
conditions that it brought.  Conditions that contributed to a raging
fire that burned out near our wonderful Robber's Cave State Park for
several days, sending up clouds of smoke that could be seen for miles
around.  I'm so glad it was no worse than it was.  It seems like every
year on the news, there's talk of raging wildfires somewhere in
California.  When I saw that cloud of smoke coming from this local fire,
I was afraid this area would be where the next headline would come
from.  Even though we've had some spotty rain, we're still under a burn
ban, so please don't do anything to start a fire.  It could have
devastating results.

Happy Birthday wishes go out today to Trisha White of the Business
Office.  I know they said they would be closing for a couple of days to
catch up on their work, but I bet they're just closing to have a big
birthday party!

Our menu for today includes:
          Lasagna
          Steamed red potatoes
          Broccoli and cheese sauce
          Garlic bread sticks

And for dessert, have a piece of Orange Poke Cake.