[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Sept. 9

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Sep 9 10:12:41 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

Well, yesterday evening was interesting.  After our house lights went
off and right back on a few times during the evening, they finally went
totally off at about 10:20 or so, and were off for about an hour.  I had
to pull out my cell phone to use for a flashlight, (see, Mildred, they
are good for something), to help me find a flashlight and a lighter and
candles so we wouldn't be left in total darkness.  (It really is dark in
the country when the electricity goes off.)   Other than major
catastrophes, like a couple of ice storms in the past several years, we
rarely have a power outage.  Years ago, it used to happen every time a
cloud came up, but since we've moved out there and I made sure to be
prepared with candles and wall sconces all over the place, it hasn't
happened much at all.  While the electricity and TV were still working
though, I noticed a map displayed on a special weather report that
showed this area of the state, and which portions were under a flood
watch,  and which portions were under a tornado watch.  It would
probably seem odd to anyone but an Okie that these counties were right
next to, and even included some of  the counties covered by a burn ban.
Gotta love our weird Oklahoma weather.  After raining all night, though,
maybe the burn ban will be lifted.

The entire Cafeteria staff will be attending a Safety Meeting today from
2:00 to 3:00, and so will be unavailable for that hour to answer phone
calls.  If you need to contact us, please leave a message on Mildred's
or my phone and we will get back to you after our meeting.

Our menu for today includes:
             Meatloaf
             Steamed red potatoes
             Navy beans
             Zucchini and tomatoes
             Hot rolls

And for dessert, have some tasty Apple Cobbler, and you can top it off
with our wonderful Soft Serve Ice Cream.