[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Fri. Sept. 10

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Sep 10 10:13:16 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

It looks like it's going to be a great day today, and I for one am ready
for a great weekend!  How can a short week seem like such a long week
sometimes?  What's wrong with that picture?  Too much going on, I
guess.  Seems like people never have time to rest and recharge their
batteries anymore.  (At least grownups don't!)

I'm glad we got the recent rain that we had badly needed, and even
gladder that we didn't get as much as some areas.  I saw on the news
last night that several counties surrounding Latimer are in need of
emergency funds to deal with all the damage the heavy rains caused to
roads and property in those areas.

There's a PAWS adoption day planned in front of Roy's this Saturday, and
also one at PetSense at McAlester, so drop by one of these locations and
find out more about our organization and find yourself a new four-legged
best friend.

Also, this is the weekend of the Latimer County Free Fair, so even if
you don't have an entry, just go out and admire what other local folks
have made or raised to enter.   We really have a lot of talented people
in this area, and the fair gives them a great venue to show off their
various skills, and even win a little money at it.

Our menu for today includes:
             Fish
             French fries
             Macaroni and cheese
             Pinto beans
             Cornbread
             Tomatoes and zucchini
             Mustard greens

And for dessert, try some light and tasty Fruited Jello.

Have a great weekend,

Rhoda  :-)