[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. Sept. 14

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Sep 14 10:00:21 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

Yesterday evening was so nice I had to sit outside and just enjoy it for
a few minutes after work.  While sitting there I noticed several small
birds flitting around in the top of our mimosa tree.  I couldn't get a
good enough look at them to identify what kind they were, but they
appeared to be picking the seeds out of some of the many seed pods
dangling from the branches of the tree.  I had never noticed this
happening before, but when I thought about how many seed pods full of
seeds probably fall from that tree each year, I'd say they've probably
been cleaning up a lot of mimosa seeds for us over the years, or our
yard would look like a mimosa jungle!  It's amazing the things that
occur in nature that we don't even notice going about our busy lives!  I
always enjoy it when I can take a moment to see what's going on in the
natural world around us and feel like I learned a little something.

Those of you who have some spare time around noon today should catch the
baseball game between our Eastern Mountaineers and Texarkana College.
Good luck Mountaineers!   Get fired up and win one for the Blue and Gold!

Our menu for today includes:
          Chicken alfredo
          Steamed red potatoes
          Mixed vegetables
          Winter blend vegetables
          Garlic bread
          Peas
          Fried squash

And for dessert, try some of Summer's Rocky Road Pie.