[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. Sept. 15

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Sep 15 10:26:31 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

Yesterday's rain was something we haven't experienced a lot of in a
while.  It was a wonderful tonic for all the poor plants that have
suffered through this summer's extreme heat and dry conditions.  The
Fall Fire and Franks bonfire had originally been scheduled for this
evening, and had to be cancelled due to the burn ban that's  had all
fires put on hold in this area temporarily.   After yesterday's rain,
it's kind of ironic that they probably still couldn't have one because
the wood would be too WET to burn.  That's our Oklahoma weather again.

I know we fuss when the air conditioning goes out, but the last few
days, it's been so chilly in parts of this building, I was about ready
to mug Buckskin Bob when he came through yesterday just to get his big
coat!  Who cares if it's too big?  It looks really warm!

Very Happy Birthday wishes go out today to the lady who keeps Rudy in
line during the work week, (no, not Marci, she gets him the rest of the
time).  Sheryl Marmon, our Physical Plant Administrative Assistant, and
Staff Council Secretary, is celebrating a birthday today.  I hope she
enjoys herself to the MAX.

Our menu for today includes:
          Polish sausage
          Scalloped potatoes
          Sauerkraut
          Black eyed peas
          California blend vegetables
          Cornbread
          Brussels sprouts

And for dessert, have a Chocolate Brownie with M&M sprinkles on top.  Yummy!