[Eoscstudents] Lead 2 Read

Sally Davis sdavis at eosc.edu
Wed Sep 15 14:21:28 CDT 2010

As the coordinator for the Eastern Lead 2 Read program I am seeking
student volunteers from Athletics, Student Govt., PTK, Honors, Cheer and
any student club to agree to be readers once a month at our local
elementary school in Wilburton.  The listed dates are below.  We are
organizing this program for the lower grades (pre-k thru 2nd) first and
may add 3rd-5th grade by January 2011.   Maria Martinez our Librarian
will assist us in choosing appropriate books to read that coordinate
with the various grades.  We will be reading for 14 classes and I need a
minimum of 4 students per class but will happy to take more.  If we get
a large number of volunteers we may take the Eastern bus over to the
school on the various dates.  All dates are on Fridays and all times are
1:45 pm.  If you are someone who would be interested please contact me
ASAP so we can be organized for our first trip on October 29th.  This is
an excellent way to utilize community service hours if your scholarship
requires it.  It is also a positive way to build responsible student
leaders, be charitable and is an excellent marketing tool for Eastern.
Be part of the solution and come help us out.  Dr. Sally E. Davis Dean
of Students

Dates for Lead 2 Read:

Friday Oct 29, 2010
Friday Nov 12, 2010