[Eoscstudents] Menu for Good Friday April 22 Happy Earth Day!

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Apr 22 09:08:30 CDT 2011

Hi folks,

I've got a really busy weekend coming up and I'm sure some of the rest
of you do too, what with the Wilburton Alumni Banquet this Saturday
night, plus some classes having special reunions, and then Easter coming
up on Sunday when many people go to special church services and have
family dinners, and those wonderful Easter egg hunts our kids love so
much.  Many thousands of chocolate rabbits will have their ears bitten
off this weekend, I'm sure, and there'll be a lot of tuna salad made
next week using all those leftover boiled eggs.

I've been listening to Mountaineer Radio this morning, and Doug has had
the cast of next week's EOSC production of "Grease", singing songs and
plugging their play.  Next Thursday evening we will be hosting a
Celebrity Waiter event to endow a scholarship for music and theatre
students in memory of Cheri Potter, longtime Eastern Student Activities
Director and Student Government Sponsor.  Tickets are $20 for the old
time 50's diner meal and show on Thursday evening, and if you want you
can catch the play again on Friday evening.
And don't forget today is Earth Day!  Do something green for the
planet!  Be sure and deposit any old paperwork you're ready to discard
in the Shred-It bins on campus and help Eastern save a tree.  I also
went to a program recently given by Danette Russell of the Latimer
County office of the OSU Extension Center, giving ideas on how to reuse
different things to help keep so much material out of landfills, and
sharing some recycling tips.   She can be reached at 918-465-3349 for
lots of helpful information on this and many more subjects.  The city of
Wilburton has also begun a recycling program and you can find their "Big
Belly" containers for plastic bottles & aluminum cans in various places
around town, so don't toss that plastic water or soda bottle or aluminum
can in the trash.   Recycle it!

Our menu for today includes:
          Goulash
or       Tuna subs
          Cream of broccoli soup
          Fried okra
          Garlic bread
And for dessert, have a Peanut Butter Cookie.

Have a great Easter weekend,