[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. April 28

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Apr 28 09:05:08 CDT 2011

Hi folks,

I was shocked to hear this morning about the devastating tornadoes that
rampaged through Alabama and other southern states last night killing
dozens of people and leaving a swath of destruction in its wake.  It
certainly should give us a new appreciation of our storm warning system
in Oklahoma and Wilburton in particular.  Our local news channels are
not shy about disrupting programming to bring up to the minute weather
reports when there's any sign of a tornado or other dangerous weather
anywhere in their viewing area, and our local Emergency Management Team
keeps our area informed of conditions in time to take shelter if
necessary.  I'm really glad to hear that the city of Wilburton has
received a grant to enable them to build several large storm cellars in
different locations around the city, even one on campus, I believe.
That will be a wonderful addition to our area, making many people who
don't have cellars or safe rooms at their homes feel much safer.

The big news for today around here is the Celebrity Waiter event and
performance of Grease this evening on campus.  Tickets to the Celebrity
Waiter Dinner Theatre event are $20, and include a 1950's style diner
meal of hamburgers, french fries, floats, and whoopie pies in the
Ballroom, followed by special reserved seating at the opening
performance of Grease in Mitchell Auditorium.   Proceeds from the
evening's festivities will go to endow a scholarship for music and
theater students in memory of Cheri Potter, a longtime Eastern  Student
Activities Director and Student Government Sponsor who lost her battle
with cancer last year.

Our menu for today includes:
             Hamburger steak
             Scalloped potatoes
             Fresh spinach
             Black eyed peas
             Sauerkraut and little smokies
             Hot rolls
And for dessert, have some Peach Cobbler.

Have a great day at Eastern,