[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. Aug. 3

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Aug 3 09:09:48 CDT 2011

Hi folks,

With the heat wave we've been experiencing, I think I'll suggest to
Mildred that we start serving breakfast at lunch so that we can cook the
eggs outside on our car hoods and bake the biscuits inside the vehicles
to avoid heating up the kitchen.  Pretty sure it would work.  It's
definitely been hot enough!

With my daughter, Destiny, starting to college here next week, I'm
experiencing this whole college thing from a different viewpoint.  I
went to the Bookstore yesterday and had Ali explain to me how she would
get her textbooks if classes start next week and financial aid doesn't
come in until September.  Ali told me that Destiny would need to go to
the Business Office and get a voucher to bring to the Bookstore so she
could go ahead and get her books, then when her financial aid comes in,
the books, etc. would be paid for and the rest goes onto her Higher One
Card.  Now all these big "Higher One" signs are starting to make sense
to me.  Helen Scott, whose daughter Marissa was a freshman here last
year, also gave me some good recommendations she had learned through her
experiences, such as signing her up for Student Support Services, an
excellent program that provides all kinds of help and support to their
enrollees.  I also went upstairs to see Dana Lewis, Student Services
Administrative Assistant, and got a few other things cleared up that I
had questions about.  Everyone has been very helpful, including Cyndi
Campbell,  who had to print me off a schedule yesterday, so I'd have a
starting point for my questions.  (Cindy and Joe also have an incoming
freshman daughter this semester, Destiny's cousin Ricky Jo.)  Having a
daughter in college gives an exciting new perspective to the beginning
of the semester.

Very Happy Birthday wishes go out today to Jennifer Labor in Financial
Aid, and Tereasa Ellison, our lunch cashier here in the Cafeteria.  I
don't know if Jennifer is working today, but Tereasa is here, so when
you come in for lunch be sure and wish her a Happy Birthday.

Our menu for today includes:
          Pork chops
          Baked potatoes
          Broccoli and cheese
          Fried squash
          Pinto beans
          Cornbread
          Biscuits
And for dessert, have some all American Apple Cobbler.  Top it off with
some of our soft service ice cream!

Keep cool,