[Eoscstudents] work study jobs

Mimi Kelley mkelley at eosc.edu
Mon Aug 8 12:09:12 CDT 2011

We have had several students inquire about work study jobs for the
fall semester.  Gail Wilson (Choctaw Hall Rm 123, or (918)465-1769)
will be handling work study this year, and has a list of names of
interested students that she is currently working on.    Students who
are eligible to work this year will be given paperwork and a list of
supervisors beginning August 22.

Gail has informed me that some students have told her they "will go to
work tomorrow" for someone on campus.

Students and supervisors, please be aware that until students have
been approved for work study and have completed and returned all the
necessary paperwork, they cannot be considered on work study and are
not eligible to be paid.

Any student who begins working without authorization is essential
volunteering their time.   Any supervisor who allows a student to
begin working without authorization will need to have other
arrangements made to pay the student (either through departmental
funds or personal funds) because we do not know at this time which
students will actually qualify for the work study positions.

While we are committed to placing students in work study positions as
soon as possible, we are also dealing with students trying to complete
their financial aid files and receive book vouchers.   At this time,
helping the students obtain their textbooks is our highest priority
with classes beginning today.

Please be patient as we provide information to eligible student
workers, who will then contact faculty and staff for possible
employment.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and patience.

Mimi Kelley
Financial Aid Director
Eastern Oklahoma State College
1802 East College Ave, Wanda Bass Bldg