[Eoscstudents] STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES TRiO DAY SERVICE PROJECT

June Haynes jhaynes at eosc.edu
Mon Jan 24 15:52:25 CST 2011

Don't forget the SSS TRiO Day Service Project.  You will find a list below.

PLEASE HELP!

How can we participate? Participate by collecting donated items and letters
of thanks for our soldiers.

How do we secure donations? Teach your students the importance of service
work by having them organize a collection campaign on campus.  They can make
presentations to Student Government, partner with student
clubs/organizations, and post flyers on campus.

 What items should be collected? See the list above.

 How should the items be packaged? Items do not need to be packaged in a
specific manner-just bring the items in an unsealed box! The Hugs Project
will organize and package the items before shipping.

 Why are you asking for letters? These soldiers are stationed away from
family and friends-it's difficult to be disconnected from those at home.
The letters are a personalized way to let them know we support them and
appreciate all they do.

Is there a format for the letter? A template for the letters has been
designed and is attached.

 What does the letter need to say? Students should be

encouraged to express their appreciation in their own manner and in their
own words.

 How should the letters be delivered? Letters should be collected and placed
together in an unsealed envelope or folder.  It is not necessary to put each
individual letter in an envelope.

 When and where will items be collected? Boxes and letters will be collected
the morning of TRiO Day, outside the Oklahoma State Capitol.

 We aren't attending TRiO Day-can we still participate? Yes!  Feel free to
send your items with a colleague who will be attending!

February 23, 2011 . State Capitol Building . 7:00 am -9:30 am

Donations will be accepted by designated TRiO professionals at select
locations prior to TRiO Day.

Contact Amber Mitchell (405) 733-7379 or Kirk Rushing (580) 223-4476  for
more information!

honor the American soldiers who serve our country

and provide the freedom to dream!

Show your support by participating in the ODSA TRiO Day Service Project!
In partnership with the Hugs Project, donated items and letters of thanks
will be sent to

American soldiers stationed in the Middle East. Please help collect the
following items:

 Travel Size Toiletries . Anti-bacterial Gels & Lotions . Baby Wipes . Eye
Drops . Floss, Toothbrushes &Toothpaste . Beef Jerky . Shelled Sunflower
Seeds . Snack Bars . Socks

American

soldiers stationed in the Middle East. Please help collect the following
items:

Travel Size Toiletries . Anti-bacterial Gels & Lotions . Baby Wipes . Eye
Drops . Floss, Toothbrushes &Toothpaste . Beef Jerky . Shelled Sunflower
Seeds . Snack Bars . Socks

KeeperOfTheDrea_DogTags[1]

2011 TRiO Day Service Project

THANK YOU