[Eoscstudents] [Fwd: Menu for Wed. June 1 Cyber Cafe Open!]

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Jun 1 09:52:13 CDT 2011

Subject: 	Menu for Wed. June 1 Cyber Cafe Open!
Date: 	Wed, 01 Jun 2011 08:53:46 -0500
From: 	Rhoda Watkins <rwatkins at eosc.edu>
To: 	eoscall at lists.onenet.net, eoscstudents at lists.onenet.net, City of
<ccandsuzee at yahoo.com>, Sunny Collums <proamco at sbcglobal.net>, Bobbie
Vinson <bobbiegayle at yahoo.com>, gelizondo at fele.com, "Lodes, James"
<jlodes at fele.com>, Lila Clay <lclay at eosc.edu>, jeanne sutton
<jeannesutton at rocketmail.com>, Wiley Turner <deere5210 at yahoo.com>, Tony
Whisenhunt <twhisenhunt342 at eosc.edu>, Mike Cathey <mwcathey at aol.com>,
april.coates at duke.edu, Sheri Saxon <lcntlegals at tulsaconnect.com>,
Malissa Evans <lcnt_billing at tulsaconnect.com>, stephenbrinlee at hotmail.com

Hi folks and Happy June!

It's hard to believe that June has arrived already!  Man, time really
does fly whether you're having fun or not!  From the looks of the
forecast on the Weather Channel, we're set to start in on about a week
of days with temperatures up in the 90's.  That's a little early to
start that as far as I'm concerned, but I wasn't asked.  I'd be willing
to rock on for several more weeks in the 70's or maybe 80's before we
broke into the extreme temperatures.

Our second Gear Up camp starts today, and we have Upward Bound going on,
so we're going to be pretty busy feeding kids for a while.  Some people
have the mistaken notion that we close up during the summer or that it
slows down, but a great deal of the time, it seems busier than ever with
all the various groups coming and going, juggling schedules, etc.

Yesterday ended an era at Eastern.  Hank Mooney, long time Director of
Public Information here at Eastern, officially retired after decades
here at his home away from home.  I see a lot of fishing in his future.
He ate in the Cafeteria yesterday and was telling me about having gone
fishing this past weekend and his granddaughter skunked everybody!  I'm
sure they were both proud!  Sounds like Hank will have a little fishing
buddy for sure there.  He did promise to be back every week for Kiwanis
meetings, though, so we'll be able to see him and keep up with all his
goings ons, hear some more fish stories, etc.

Our menu for today includes:
          Pork chops
or      Chili dogs and Fries
          Mashed potatoes and gravy
          Fried okra
          Navy beans
          Brussels sprouts
          Cornbread
          Biscuits
And for dessert, choose from a selection of pies, including Lemon,
Chocolate and Butterscotch.

And don't forget, the Cyber Cafe will be open today!

Have a great day at Eastern,