[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. June 6

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Jun 6 09:21:16 CDT 2011

Hi folks,

Man it seemed like my weekend was busy and the heat didn't help any!
Friday was Mom's 94th birthday and we went over to spend time with her,
and made her a birthday cake, but she felt too bad to eat any.  I wound
up spending the night with her just to make sure she was going to be
okay.  Saturday I had PAWS pen duty, and Sunday I had to take my
daughter and some friends to church camp at Honobia.  I hope they get to
swim a lot or find something else to do to keep cool, as this is
supposed to be one of the hottest weeks for this time of year in quite a
while.  I thought I saw Bigfoot crossing the road on my way back, but it
might have just been a deer.  I was looking for him though!  If it was
him, he was probably heading for somewhere cooler!

I have been enjoying sitting outside in the evenings when it cools down
some.  Our mimosa tree is blooming and you can hear the hummingbirds
visiting the blooms way up in the tree, and I've got a bunch of
beautiful, bright yellow day lilies in bloom.  My clematis vines are
full of purple blooms and covering my arch and trailing down the fence.
The only downside is the hungry mosquitos, but if I spray something
around for that, they back off and then I can enjoy the nice evening
temperatures!

This year's Gear Up camps finished up on Saturday, so that crew can get
some rest now and start preparing for next year.  I'm sure they're all
breathing a sigh of relief!

Our menu for today includes:
          Chicken alfredo
          Baby carrots
          Mixed vegetables
          Brussels sprouts
          Steamed baby red potatoes
And for dessert have a piece of Cheesecake!

Have a great day at Eastern,