[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. June 7

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Jun 7 08:57:14 CDT 2011

Hi folks,

Looks like another hot day coming up in a string of them.  Seems like
we're getting plunged into summer all at once instead of little by
little this year.  The best time of the day as far as I'm concerned is
in the evening when it cools down.  My days are spent alternating
between my cold office and hot outdoors, but the evenings are great,
sitting outside enjoying the outdoors, (as long as I've got mosquito
repellent).  I've almost got some little cherry tomatoes ripe, and some
of the larger variety on the way, Gary's squash and cucumbers are coming
right on up, and so far my little cantaloupe plants are holding their
own.  I noticed a toad in the bed with them the other morning, so maybe
he'll keep the bad bugs off them for me.

Anyone interested in helping with the next EOSC Picnic should attend the
meeting today at 1:00 in the Library Conference Room, and everyone is
welcome to attend the Staff Council Meeting immediately following.

Our menu for today includes:
            Brisket
            Mashed potatoes and gravy
            Corn on the cob
            Spinach
            Macaroni and cheese
            Baked potatoes
            Hot rolls
And for dessert, have some Apricot Cobbler.

Have a great day at Eastern,