[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. June 29

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Jun 29 09:12:38 CDT 2011

Hi folks,

We got a couple of light showers on campus yesterday, my daughter says
it POURED at McDonald's where she was working, and we got not a stinking
drop at my house where I was really hoping it would rain to help revive
my poor drooping plants and refill my water barrel.  Lately the drip
from our air conditioner has been supplying more water for watering my
plants than my water barrel.  I've kind of been conserving the water in
my barrel, not knowing when we'd get more rain to refill it, and the air
conditioner drips constantly when it's running, so I keep a 5 gallon
bucket under it to make use of the water rather than let it run all over
where it's of no use and evaporate.  Yesterday evening was wonderful
though.  It was at least 20 degrees cooler than it had been for weeks
before, and it really felt good to sit outside and enjoy it without
sweating to death!  I could go for some more of that!

And please remember in this extreme heat, to leave plenty of fresh water
out for any pets or other animals that may have to stay outside.  With
temperatures like we've been having, a source of drinking water is a
MUST, especially if you have to be out in it for any length of time.

Happy Birthday wishes go out today to Mr. Roland Newby, evening
librarian and receptionist at Eastern's McAlester campus, (as well as
being a published author).  Cafeteria worker, Sandra Kuykendall, is also
celebrating her birthday today, and she probably really is celebrating,
as she's off on vacation this week!

Our menu for today includes:
          Pork loin
          Pork gravy
          Red potatoes
          Broccoli and rice casserole
          Corn
          Black eyed peas
          Hot rolls
And for dessert, have a piece of delicious Cheesecake.

Keep cool,