[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. May 31 CYBER CAFE OPEN!!!

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue May 31 09:24:42 CDT 2011

Hi folks,

I hope you all had a wonderful, long Memorial Weekend.  I enjoyed my
time off.  Did several outdoor things I'd been meaning to do, including
planting some cantaloupe plants.  We've been having some terrific
cantaloupe on our salad bar lately here in the Cafeteria and it's given
me a craving, so I decided to see if I could find some plants and grow
my own.  There just happened to be a few plants left at Roy's (along
with some big, juicy cantaloupes to buy and eat while you're waiting on
yours to grow).  I bought a 4-pak and planted them, so we'll see what
happens.  (I've read this gardener's tip that you can suspend your
growing cantaloupes in pantyhose to help support them and keep them off
the dirt.  When I was younger we actually had to wear the pantyhose!)
My tomato plants are doing pretty well, and my husband's squash and
cucumbers are beginning to take off also.  We might make gardeners yet.
If we're still feeling this good about it by the end of the gardening
season, we may plant even more next year.  We are just kind of dabbling
in it this year, but with the price of groceries, gas, etc., it feels
pretty good to be able to supply some of your own groceries.

Very Happy Birthday wishes go out to Physical Education instructor Loma
Messex, who celebrated her big day yesterday.  I hope she had a great
birthday and has a great summer, out picking blackberries and living the
good life.

Well, we survived the first wave of Gear Up camps this summer, and are
now waiting on the arrival of our Upward Bound campers and the second
Gear Up group.  That's when it will really get busy around here!

Mildred and Susie wanted me to let everyone know that we will be having
breakfast items in the Cyber Cafe if you get hungry and miss the regular
breakfast schedule.

I believe today is the start of the Business Office and other offices in
the Library Building moving to their temporary location in Choctaw Hall
so that their old offices can be remodeled.  This is going to be a
confusing process.  I'm such a creature of habit that I'm liable to be
all the way over to the Library building before I realize they "don't
live there anymore", at least for a few months.   This is just one of
the first steps in some wonderful renovations to take place on our
campus in the near future, so please be patient with any inconvenience
it causes.  It will definitely be worth it in the long run!

Our menu for today includes:
         Smoked sausage with roasted peppers, onions and potatoes
         Baked beans
          Macaroni and cheese
          Broccoli spears
And for dessert, have some luscious Peach Cobbler.

Have a great day at Eastern,