[Eoscstudents] Veteran's Day

Ruth Brelsford rbrelsford at eosc.edu
Wed Nov 9 12:57:16 CST 2011

Just a reminder that we will honor those men and women who have served our
country in combat, as well as, state-side on Friday, 11-11-11, at 12 noon in
Mitchell Aud.

We have invited every veteran in the county and I think that it is very
important that the students, staff, and faculty of the college show up to
prove to them how much we do appreciate what they did and continue to do to
preserve our freedoms.

Please wear red, white, and blue (if you can) and bring a photo or memento
of your favorite vet or soldier currently serving to place on the edge of
the stage.

The ladies of the American Legion Auxiliary Post 145 will have poppies
available in the lobby both before and after the program.  They are free,
but they do accept donations to help with their on-going expenses of
honoring those who have served our country in this way.

The Honors Program is then hosting the veterans for lunch in the cafeteria
after the program.

I think it will be a lovely tribute, so, please, join us.

--rb