[Eoscstudents] EPILEPSY AWARENESS MONTH FYI

June Haynes jhaynes at eosc.edu
Wed Nov 9 14:33:23 CST 2011

NOVEMBER IS NATIONAL EPILEPSY MONTH

Please take a few minutes to read the attached information.

As some of you know I have a son that has Epilepsy, so of course I have a
personal interest in this information.

As an employee of EOSC for 14 years I am aware of students on campus every
semester that have a seizure disorder.  I know that all of us need to be
prepared to adequately assist anyone having a seizure.  There are many myths
and much wrong information in existence about how to assist someone when
he/she is having a seizure.  Seizures are scary to witness, but they don't
have to be considered a medical emergency. (There are certainly times when a
seizure is considered a medical emergency!)

Just click on the attachment files for information that you may need
someday.  There are millions of people in our country alone that have some
type of seizure disorder.

When we are well informed and prepared, we can give the most appropriate
assistance!

Thank You,

June Haynes