[Eoscstudents] Menus for week of Mon. Oct. 3 to Fri. Oct. 7

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Oct 3 09:47:21 CDT 2011

Hi folks,

First off, I'd like to send out a special thank you to several students
who answered the emergency call Friday evening at dinner time to hurry
over to the library and fill out the grant survey to help Eastern meet
the requirements to obtain a wonderful grant for its students.  Thanks
go out to Sebrina, Jessica, Zac, Matt and Brent(?).  You really came
through for Eastern.  Thank you so much!

A star could be born today, as Theatre Eastern holds auditions for its
upcoming performance of Hansel and Gretel.  Auditions will be held in
Mitchell Auditorium today at 3:30, so get your little star over there to
try out for a great experience!

Attention EOSC staff members:  Please remember to pay your $5 Staff
Council dues this week to be eligible to win a $25 gift certificate from
our Meat Lab.  That would come in pretty handy for most of us!

Tuesday night will be Coffeehouse Open Mic Night in the Cafeteria, where
any of our talented students can come and sing, play an instrument, do
karaoke, or whatever they may be good at.  I hear this was a lot of fun
last time, so we're going to do it again!

This Thursday evening at 7:00 our Eastern Music Department, now under
the direction of Mr. Patrick Moore, will host the Fall Music Concert in
Mitchell Auditorium.  Be sure and come to hear this fine group and their
new director performing their hearts out for us.

Happy Birthday wishes go out to Maye Durant of our Nursing Department,
and Rhonda Price-Quinn of our Agriculture Department.   I hope they have
a wonderful time on their big day.

Also, Saturday will bring the Hard Times Festival to the streets of
Hartshorne.   (I know most of us have been there, hard time and
Hartshorne.)

And in Wilburton, there will be a Community Theatre meeting at the
Gallery at 4:00.  If you're interested in performing or maybe just
helping with a performance, please come join us.

Our menus for this week include:

Monday:      Hamburger steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans,
baby carrots, corn, hot rolls and fresh apple cake

Tuesday:        Turkey or chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and
gravy, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, English peas, meadow blend
                vegetables, chocolate and coconut cream pies

Wednesday:    Roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, broccoli and rice
casserole, California blend vegetables, corn, hot rolls and
                punch bowl cake

Thursday:        Ribs, potato wedges, pinto beans, corn on the cob,
cabbage, hot rolls and apricot cobbler

Friday:            Chicken parmesan or fish on a bun and fries, baked
potatoes, green beans, fried okra, brussel sprouts, hot rolls, and
                    assorted cookies

Have a great week at Eastern,