[Eoscstudents] [Fwd: [Eoscall] SSS TRiO DAY FEB.22, 2012]

Sue Lovett slovett at eosc.edu
Fri Jan 20 00:18:59 CST 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Eoscall] SSS TRiO DAY FEB.22, 2012
Date: 	Tue, 17 Jan 2012 16:29:42 -0600
From: 	June Haynes <jhaynes at eosc.edu>
To: 	eoscstudents at lists.onenet.net, eoscall at lists.onenet.net,
eoscfac at list.onenet.net

It is that time of the year again for our annual TRiO DAY at the State
Capitol in OKC.  Colleges and universities from all over the state that
have TRiO programs meet and participate in the ceremony at OKC and the
community project.

Each year we have a state wide community service project.  We will be
collecting nonperishable foods for OK food banks.  Student Support
Services is again asking for your support with this project.  Please
look at the expiration dates on your items, because we can't turn in out
dated items.  Any and all nonperishable items will be appreciated.  I
will try to get some boxes to each building and signs as well, but
spread the word, we want all of the students and staff  that we can get
involved.  We will also come to your office to pick up any item or items
you wish to donate. This is a state project, but the food is then
distributed to every county in OK.

For four years EOSC's Student Support Services program has received
recognition for collecting the most items....yeah! This in part has been
your honor too, because of your support. Let's continue the tradition!

Just to let you know what we have done in the past, we have collected
children's' books for DHS offices, we have collected food before and for
two years we collected items for the U.S. service men and women.  You,
students, EOSC staff and the community of Wilburton have given greatly!
We thank you very much.

Sincerely,

June Haynes

TRiO Student Support Services