[Eoscstudents] Menus for Mon. Oct. 13 thru Fri. Oct. 17

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Oct 13 09:44:13 CDT 2014

Hi folks,

Happy Columbus Day and Fall Break Week!  This is going to be one of those short weeks that seem to take forever because you're looking forward to Fall Break at the end!  Hang in there, though.  It'll be over before we know it and we can go to the Fall Festival at the park, go home, or  do whatever else you all may have in your mind.   Just have fun and be safe!

Tuesday afternoon we will have a Full Scale Emergency Drill on campus.  Be ready to listen to your Building Monitor and follow whatever instructions they give you.  Also be prepared to see other various local emergency personnel on campus to assist with this drill.  These various drills are held at intervals throughout the year in the hope that we can be better prepared in the event of an actual emergency on campus.  Bryan Denny meets with the Building Monitors after each one to discuss what was done right or wrong during the exercise, so even if we don't get it right during the drill, we will still learn what we should've done so that we can do better next time.  The After Action meeting will be held on Wed. afternoon in Mitchell 206 to discuss how the drill went, what was done right, and what should be done differently next time.

EOSC birthdays this week include:  Wed. Oct. 15, Mr. Keith Lewis, the ITV/phone repairman technical guy who has been here so long, I don't know how Eastern will survive without him, and Fri. Oct. 17, Mr. Jeff Weems, our Chief Technical Officer, and another fellow we couldn't do without.   Both of theses guys are great fellows to work with and just have around, so be sure and wish them a great birthday if you see them on campus.

Lunch menus for Mon. Oct. 13 thru Wed. Oct. 15:

Monday:  Chicken tetrazzini (spaghetti), garlic bread, fried okra, Capri blend vegetables, steamed spinach, baked potatoes, Oreo cheesecake.

Tuesday:  baked chicken, steamed potatoes, macaroni and tomatoes, steamed broccoli, black eye peas, rice pilaf, dinner rolls, peanut butter brownies.

Wednesday:  Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and brown gravy, green beans, spiral pasta with cheese, steamed carrots, steamed cabbage, dinner rolls, Rice Krispie treats.

Thursday and Friday, brunch will be served off the grill.

Dinner menus for the week:

Monday:  Beef or chicken fajitas or nachos with red beans and cornbread, Spanish rice, fiesta corn.

Tuesday:  Pork fried rice, or sweet and sour chicken, egg rolls, chicken skewers, hibachi noodles, corn nuggets, Brussels sprouts, peas.

Wednesday:  Burgers or chicken strips with fries, BBQ beans, loaded mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, fried squash.

Thursday and Friday will be your choice of two selections to be announced for dinner.

Have a great week and Fall Break,

Rhoda