[Eoscstudents] Candle Light Vigil for NCTC Softball Team

Paige Priest ppriest at eosc.edu
Mon Sep 29 11:29:40 CDT 2014

Faculty/Staff/Students,

I'm sure many of you have heard about the tragic accident involving North
Central Texas College softball team this weekend. For those of you who are
not aware, the softball team was travelling back to Gainesville, TX from a
game against Southern Nazarene University when a tractor trailer semi
crossed the median and struck them virtually head on. The crash resulted in
4 fatalities and many injuries.

As fellow faculty, staff, athletes and students I know that many of you have
them in your thoughts and prayers. With that in mind, tonight at 7:45pm
there will be a candle light vigil in the Amphitheatre for the NCTC softball
team in remembrance of the four that were lost, as well as for prayer for
those that are affected by this tragedy. I know this is last minute, but we
ask that you join us to honor and support the NCTC softball team.

NCTC softball is not only near and dear to my heart, as I both played and
coached against them the past four years and am very close with the coaches,
but they are also special to our softball team here at Eastern. Eastern
softball plays against NCTC multiple times per year and many of our players
knew their players on a personal level so please keep our ladies in your
prayers as well.

Thank you,

Paige Priest
Student Life Coordinator