[Eoscstudents] Menus for Mon. Apr. 13 thru Fri. Apr. 17

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Apr 13 10:36:45 CDT 2015

 Hi folks,

What a rainy, blustery day we're stating the week with!  I guess we should be thankful it's washing all the pollen out of the air.  I just showed Tina the puddle outside our windows.  It was solid yellow!  Just covered in pollen!  Maybe the rain will give our allergy sufferers some relief.

For the second time, Eastern is hosting a group of students from Denmark on our campus.  They are a very nice group and this is a wonderful opportunity for both them and our students to learn about the others' culture.

It's going to be a very busy week here at Eastern.   New student enrollment begins tomorrow here in the Student Center.  If you're interested in going to Eastern, this would be the perfect day for you to come get enrolled for this summer or the fall semester.    And tomorrow evening, our Agriculture students will have their annual banquet in the Ballroom.

Wednesday is Choctaw Nation Cultural Day.  There will be exhibits and informational booths set up in the amphitheatre between  10:00 and 2:00.  (If there's rain, this may have to be moved indoors.)  Also on Wednesday, the annual Employee Recognition Ceremony will take place in the Ballroom at 3:45.

On Friday, the Nursing Department will host their annual Nursing Welcome Luncheon in the Ballroom.

And on Saturday, there will be a National ACT test in the Ballroom.

Birthdays for the week include Psychology, Sociology, CDP Professor Cheryl Wood-Myers who is celebrating her birthday today, Mon. Apr. 13, and and Gear Up Education Coordinator Rachael Ranallo who celebrates hers on Tues. Apr. 14.  And last but not least a shout out to former Cafeteria Supervisor, Mildred Whisenhunt, who will celebrate her birthday on Sat. Apr. 18.  I hope all these ladies have a wonderful day.

Lunch menus for the week include:

Monday:  Baked chicken breast, red potatoes, hot rolls, navy beans, steamed rice, vegetable blend, steamed carrots, peanut butter brownies.

Tuseday:  Beef tips over egg noodles, broccoli and cheese, corn nuggets, black eye peas, hot rolls, baked potatoes, peach cobbler.

Wednesday:  General Tso chicken, rice, hibachi noodles, egg rolls, steamed carrots, Brussels sprouts, fried squash, ice cream with toppings.

Thursday:  Pork chops, mashed potatoes and brown gravy, hot rolls, steamed spinach, baked beans, macaroni and cheese, fried okra, yellow cake with chocolate icing.

Friday:  Hot and spicy or regular chicken strips, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, wild rice, garlic buttered bowties, pinto beans, cheesecake.

Cyber lunch menus:

Monday:  Tomato or chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.

Tuesday:  Steak or chicken melt.

Wednesday:  Chicken fried chicken or steak sandwich.

Thursday:  Wraps.

Friday:  Burrotos or Frito chili pie.

Dinner menus include:

Monday:  Beef or chicken quesadilla, or homemade chili, cornbread, Spanish rice, fiesta corn, refried beans, guacamole, chips and salsa.

Tuesday:  Hot ham and cheese sandwiches or crispitos, with chips or fries, macaroni and cheese, pork and beans, steamed vegetable blend.

Wednesday:  Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn on the cob, hot rolls, green beans, baked sweet potatoes.

Thursday:  Chicken enchiladas, pinto beans, corn bread, rice pilaf, chips and salsa, green chili cheese corn.

Friday:  Pizza and pasta.

Have a great day at Eastern,
Rhoda