[Eoscstudents] Menus for Mon. Feb. 9 thru Fri. 13

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Feb 9 09:27:46 CST 2015

 Hi folks,

It looks like we're going to have several pretty nice days this week before some possible rain and cold coming in on Thursday, so get out and enjoy them while you've got the chance!  I've seen several signs of spring approaching already.  I noticed dandelion's blooming a week or so ago, and just yesterday I was outside with a bee and a mosquito buzzing around, lots of birds singing, as well as frogs out around our pond.   Plus the fact that basketball season is winding down and baseball season is getting into gear.

I learned over the weekend that the Bookstore's Kelsae Adams finally got her little bundle of joy last week.  Broderick Norris Gene Adams was born on Wed. Feb. 4, weighing a healthy 7 lbs. 7 oz.  Congratulations to mom Kelsae and baby Broderick!

 EOSC birthdays for the week include Academic Advisor and Counselor Sandra Robertson of our Student Affairs office celebrating her big day today, snappy dresser and History and Political Science Prof. Carter Mattson celebrating his big day, which he proudly shares with Pres. Abraham Lincoln, on Thursday Feb. 12th, and the rare and elusive Computer Programmer/Analyst, Chris Ames, celebrating his birthday on Valentine's Day, (because he's so sweet).

Lunch menus for Mon. Feb. 9 thru Fri. 13 include:

Monday:  Pot roast with potatoes and carrots, steamed greens, hot rolls, black eye peas, brown buttered bowtie pasta, peanut butter brownies.  (Sorry, no soup today.)

Tuesday:  Hamburger steaks with mushroom gravy, buttered rice, corn, steamed broccoli with cheese, fried okra, hot rolls, white cake.

Wednesday:  Ham with cornbread dressing, yam sticks, roasted potatoes, green beans casserole, macaroni and cheese, hot rolls, apple pie.

Thursday:  Pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy, red beans and cornbread, Monterrey blend vegetables, fried okra, cookies.

Friday:  General TSO chicken or chicken fried chicken, eggrolls, steamed rice, fried squash, steamed carrots.

Dinner menus include:

Monday:  Pizza and pasta, chicken Alfredo, tomato basil pasta with pepperoni, rigatoni pasta bake, garlic bread, steamed broccoli, calico corn.

Tuesday:  Chicken strips, buffalo style or original, or grilled chicken breast with fries, macaroni and tomatoes, ranch beans, Antiqua blend vegetables.

Wednesday:  Steak and shrimp, baked potatoes with all the fixings, Texas toast, green beans, cherry cheesecake.

Thursday:  Meatball subs with fries or chips, or chicken spaghetti, corn nuggets, steamed broccoli, vegetable blend.

Friday:  BBQ beef sandwich or pork rib sandwich, macaroni and cheese, BBQ beans, potato salad.

Have a great week at Eastern,
Rhoda