[Eoscstudents] Opportunity for Undergraduate Women: N.E.W. Leadership

Paige Lowder plowder at eosc.edu
Tue Feb 17 14:38:40 CST 2015

Hello!

We are just under one month out from the deadline to apply to the 2015 N.E.W
(National Education for Women's) Leadership Institute. We have already begun
to received applications but we still need your help to reach out to the
undergraduate women leaders on your campus.

The N.E.W. Leadership Institute is a five day-intensive, non-partisan
institute that emphasizes women's leadership and civic engagement as the
premiere residential program providing undergraduate college women the
knowledge and skills to become effective leaders in public service and
elective office. The institute will be held on the University of Oklahoma's
Norman Campus May 15-19.

The program annually selects 30-35 outstanding undergraduate women from
across the state of Oklahoma, so it is a very competitive program. It also
allows participants to build connections with other outstanding campus
leaders throughout the state as well as the current top women leaders
throughout the state of Oklahoma. N.E.W. Leadership is also completely
supported by foundations, corporations, and individual donors; so, the
institute is free for the selected participants!

The
<http://www.ou.edu/content/carlalbertcenter/womens-leadership/new-leadership
/apply-new-leadership.html> application can be found on our website and the
deadline to apply is March 13th.

I can assure you that this institute will be beneficial for the
undergraduate leaders on your campus. Our institute gives participating
students the opportunity to network not only with other collegiate women
leaders across the state, but with women who currently lead the state of
Oklahoma in various governmental and non-profit capacities. Our students
have received internships, scholarships, and career opportunities because of
their involvement in the program.

A digital copy of our brochure is attached to this email for you to
distribute to students that would benefit from this opportunity. If you
would like a few hard copies of the brochure please email me with a mailing
address.

In addition, I am happy to come to your campus to speak about the institute
and/or arrange for a former graduate from your college to speak.

If you or your students have any questions, please do not hesitate to
contact me.

Thank you for your time and support in advance!

Lauren

  _____

Lauren Schueler, M.Ed. | Assistant Director, N.E.W. Leadership | Carl Albert
Congressional Research and Studies Center | 630 Parrington Oval, Rm 101
Norman, OK 73019 | 405.325.4934 | ou.ed/wli