[Eoscstudents] Math and Science Club - first meeting this Thursday!

Patricia Ratliff pratliff at eosc.edu
Sun Sep 8 18:04:13 CDT 2019

The first meeting of the Math and Science Club will be this Thursday at
12:00 noon in Sullivan Hall room 104. Everyone with an interest in science
or math is welcome to come and to join our club. Lunch will be provided!

The purpose of the club is to introduce students to careers in math and in
science, bring in representatives from the area universities for
transfer/career information, and to learn more about topics of a scientific
or mathematical interest. In this first meeting, I will talk about my
career journey from nurse to entomologist to professor at Eastern (that's
the career part), and about my master's and doctoral research (that's the
science part).

This month's agenda:

   - Welcome to the club!
   - Membership signup
   - Upcoming important dates
   - Featured speaker (me!)

If you have any questions or want more information, please contact me (
pratliff at eosc.edu) or Dr. Krishna Bastola (kbastola at eosc.edu)

See you Thursday!
--Dr. Ratliff--
--
Patricia C. Bolin Ratliff, Ph.D.
Professor of Zoology, Biology Dept. Chair