[Eoscstudents] Covid-19

Janet Wansick jwansick at eosc.edu
Wed Aug 26 07:46:03 CDT 2020

All,

Late yesterday afternoon, we learned a person connected with our *McAlester
Campus* has tested positive for COVID-19. We take this matter seriously and
are working with the Pittsburg County Health Department to notify one other
person who may be at risk because of possible contact with this person.
Since we are strictly following the CDC guidelines by social distancing and
wearing face coverings, we believe the risk to the campus community is
likely minimal. The well-being of our students, faculty and staff is my top
priority, and we will not take chances. That said, we have contacted our
local public health authorities who will contact any individual that could
be at risk to provide additional details and protocols. If you become ill
while on campus or at home, quickly isolate yourself from others and CALL
the Office of Student Services at 918-465-1876 or complete the online form
at eosc.edu/health
<https://eosc.edu/student_br_campus_life/health_safety/student_health_appointment.aspx>.
Your ongoing vigilance and cooperation are much appreciated. Please contact
Trish McBeath at tmcbeath at eosc.edu or 918-465-1804 if you have any concerns.

jw

Janet Wansick, EdD.
President